I didn't have a ton of time to post, so a lot happened. The dome sits on a bearing, so that had to be mounted and bolted on. The dome also basically fell apart and had to be rebuilt... better... stronger... faster... (yes faster, and it didn't even cost me Six Million Dollars).
Nikita helped test the dome:
The bearing and dome base rest on a support that is made from the hinges that hold the panels together. There are two motors for the Lego EV3 Mindstorms (this is the largest Mindstorms robot I've built by far). Two because they push a lot better than they pull. The wheels will rest on the inside of the bearing, attached to the dome of L3-G0. On the right, near L3-G0's blue front you can see a color/light sensor. The light sensor is used so the EV3 knows when he's facing forward.
And here it is with the dome base on. You can see that the plates on the base of the dome ring are bolted to the aluminum bearing. The bearing has a plastic support ring on top of it, also to keep it from dragging the dome bottom on the static side of the bearing.
The bottom of the bearing is mounted to 1/4" plywood, seen here from inside the body, before the dome ring was installed on top.
Also finally got the shoulders finished. Lots of bits weren't perfectly aligned in the Lego Digital Designer (LDD), and LDD also doesn't show you how to attach 12 pieces from different directions at the same time! Getting everything to snap together right was a bit challenging.
I like the detail on the shoulders, and also I like the "Under Shoulder Detail" (R2 Builders Club Lingo):
I show his dome spinning at the end. I'll have a better video of that later, but here's what I have so far: