So this post is "filling holes" in the parts we already built, along with some better photos once the right parts are in place
First I added the little gray ring on the tippy top of the dome, only one brick, but a pretty big detail
Next was filling in mostly the missing tiles on the body. Some of the white tiles for the panel outlines were missing, as well as tiles on the vents and some of the coin return slopes.
Detail of the side vent, notice that the blue parts are recessed.
The quarter of the body that fits together so far (3 other panels are done, but they're the same or mirrors of these and don't directly connect).
Next, the legs. I really like the detail on the leg strut and it's angled square top. Also the complex curves where the notches are, and at the top of the booster cover under where the shoulder hub will go. We were missing the little slope parts and some tiles to make this all work.
Top of strut in booster cover:
Notches recessed in a curve in the booster cover:
Complex curves at the top of the booster cover:
The center foot was also missing a couple square plates on one side, but the photo isn't really different than before, so I didn't include it. Also the side "footprints" were also missing square plates, but they're not very far along, so I'll photograph them when I do the rest.
Lastly, I fixed the colors around the bottom edge of the Holoprojectors and removed the shim plates, so they look a lot better:
Next up is probably more of the body, probably starting with the rest of the back since the two remaining back panels would allow me to connect 8 of the 12 body panels.